Monday, May 19, 2014

Review: Trident Case

For Christmas, the boys received an iPad 4.  Even though the boys are very careful with devices, I still think a sturdy case is important, and I was more than happy when Trident Case sent us the KRAKEN A.M.S. CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2/3/4 to review.  Priced at $69.95, this case is recommended for all ages. 

Trident Case Review


This case comes in three pieces.  There is a shock absorbing silicone middle layer (that comes in 8 different colors, including black), a hard polycarbonate impact resistant back piece, and the front cover which includes a built in screen protector.

Trident Case Review
 
 
The case arrived on a night when I got home a bit late, and I opened it up but didn't have a chance to put it on the iPad.  Luke was up later than I was, and he decided he'd slip the case on for me, so when I woke up the next morning it was ready to go.  It took a little bit of patience on his part, but in the end he said it was pretty simple to get on.  I did notice that it adds a bit of weight to the iPad, but the boys didn't mind.
 
There are dust covers for all the various ports on the device.  They're made out of the silicone, and simply pop in and out.  All of the buttons are also covered with the silicone, and work well even though they are covered.  The cameras, microphone, and speakers also work very well with this case.

After getting the case on the iPad, the next step was to let the boys use it.  They use the iPad daily for different things, so it got a lot of use.  We don't often take the iPad out of the house, but I did like the fact that when we did take it along, I could throw it in my bag and know it was protected.
 
Trident Case Review
I liked that the Apple logo was still visible through the case (silly, I know, but true).  This case doesn't have a built in stand, but you can purchase one separately from Trident.  It attaches in the hole where the Apple logo shows through.
 
Trident Case Review
After daily use by 5 boys, this case still looks brand new.  They boys all liked the case, but I do have a couple of boys who have (what I consider to be) an irrational hatred of screen protectors.  It doesn't matter the device or the type of screen protector, they are going to dislike it.  They didn't like the screen protector on this case.  I cannot tell a difference in the screen responsiveness myself, though.  That said, they like the weight of the case, and the way it feels when they hold it.  They think it is durable and sturdy.  We received the maroon color, which is a deep red.  I like that it gives just enough color to catch the eye when looking for the device and make it noticeable.  Overall, this case is a winner here, and we look forward to using it for a long time to come.

 
 
Click to read Crew Reviews
 
 
Crew Disclaimer

No comments: