Action Alert is parental control software for computers. There are two versions available: a free downloadable version, and a paid version for $29.99.
As all parents know, the internet is full of information, both good and horrible. Our job is to keep our kids away from the horrible stuff, but kids are usually pretty computer savvy. Action Alert is a program that will help you protect your kids.
Action Alert provides several different safety features, including:
- Access Control: allows you to shut your PC down remotely
- Site Blocking: blocks inappropriate sites
- Activity Notification Alerts: email or text when there is inappropriate activity
- Content Filtering: allows only safe searches
- Activity Video Recording: records up to 60 hours of all PC activity
- Keystroke Logging: logs user names and passwords
- Time Allowance: allows you to set daily times when the PC can be used
- Chat and Email Logging: logs both sides of the conversation
The Activity Video Recording takes shots of every screen that is viewed. This information can be watched using the Action Alert Viewer, like a movie. The Time Allowance feature enables you to set times to make the internet off limits during certain hours, or you can allow a certain number of minutes per day.I did a search that I wouldn't want my sons doing, using a pretty obvious word. The content was blocked and I received an email immediately with a link to shut the internet down remotely. I clicked the link, and internet access was immediately disabled.
Overall, this an easy to use internet protection software. I admit, I haven't spent much time looking at internet protection software, but I can't think of anything else I would want from a program. Take time to look the website over, and give the free version a try.
To read more reviews of Action Alert, go here.
Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received this product, at no cost to me, in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine.