Luke (8th) and Ezekiel (7th):
- Finished the last two lectures in How to Become a SuperStar Student from The Teaching Company. This series was very worthwhile (wait for a sale if you buy it, though), and I think we'll watch it again over the summer. The boys were at least exposed to ideas on how to organize their time, take notes, and study, among other things. They enjoyed the series. There is a 3rd CD with 6 lectures on it for parents, but I haven't watched it yet.
- Finished up the introduction in Art of Argument. Studying logical fallacies during election season makes it almost too easy to find examples every day.
- Completed about half of chapter 2 in Elementary Greek 2. I'm pretty hands off with this, but it looks like this chapter is a review of verbs from level 1.
- In Henle, we studied the 2nd declension masculine and neuter, and they took a quiz from the Mother of Divine Grace Henle syllabus. We did more diagramming, which I think is a lot of fun. They also spent a day on Lingua Latina Chapter 1, and completed a worksheet about the chapter. This book and the worksheets are written completely in Latin, so they really have to think and apply what they're learning. There wasn't too much grumbling, so I'll call it a success.
- Completed chapters 7 and 8 in The Ancient Near Eastern World. This week they studied the story of Gilgamesh and Sargon (the king of Akkad). We're using the study guides along with these books, so they completed the corresponding study sheets for these chapters.
- Read tablets VIII-IX in Gilgamesh, and we used the discussion questions from Omnibus I and discussed friendship, and compared the friendship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu to the friendship of David and Jonathon from the Bible. We're through Chapter 9 in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. We still need to discuss this, though.
- Finished chapter 6 in Rod & Staff's Spelling 6.
- Did lessons 6 and 7 in Rod & Staff's English 7 and read section 33 in Harvey's Elementary Grammar.
- Analyzed and began the Classical Writing steps (Theon's 6 components & six-sentence shuffle) for The Stag and His Reflection.
- Took Quiz 1 for The Rainbow science, and completed lessons 5 and 6, along with lab 3. They studied curved motion, orbital motion, and wave motion. They got a bit wet during the lab, which involved filling a cup on a string with water and spinning it in circles to see what happened.
- Luke completed 3 chapters in Painless Algebra, and Ezekiel completed lessons 39 & 40 in Saxon 8/7.
- Began chapter 2 in Latin for Children A
- Completed worksheets 4 & 5 from Rod & Staff's English 5.
- For math, he completed 4 pages of division practice and 2 pages of multiplication practice. He also completed chapters 2 and 3 in Life of Fred Farming. We began Introduction to Fractions and Place Value 3 by Math Mammoth, and completed the first several pages in each of these books.
- Took the chapter 2 test in Rod & Staff's Spelling 5, and did lesson 3.A.
- Read chapters 8 and 9 in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and chapters 4 and 5 in Shadow Hawk.
- Completed 3 Callirobics lessons.
- Finished week 5 in Writing with Ease 2 and began week 6. Since we're just doing it orally right now, it's going a lot more smoothly than it did last year.
- Did lessons 5, 6, 7 & 8 in Rod & Staff's English 3. He diagrammed his first sentences this week!
- Read chapters 8 and 9 in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and read chapters 10-16 in More Stories from Grandma's Attic.
- Finished the Kumon Telling Time workbook (and boy, did he rejoice!), and completed pages 57-68 in his Kumon Dollars and Cents workbook. He also finished chapters 2 and 3 in Life of Fred Apples. He took an assessment in Saxon Math 3 and completed lessons 55.
- In Rod & Staff's Spelling 3, he finished lesson 2 and took his test, and completed parts A and B for lesson 3.
- Worked through another week of Kinderbach music lessons.
- Completed 3 Callirobics lessons.
- Finished week 2 and did days 1 & 2 for week 3 in Writing with Ease 1.
- Read to me daily from Phonics Pathways and Reading Pyramids. Completed 4 pages a day in Explode the Code 3. Read Little Bear and Put Me in the Zoo.
- Completed pages 53-60 in his Kumon Easy Telling Time workbook. He also completed several pages from Miquon Orange. In Saxon Math 2, we did lessons 7-9 and he took an assessment.
Jacob, Micah, and Nicholas:
- Completed 4 more lessons in Dayspring's The Pilgrims Story. They learned about the Church of England and how the Pilgrims left England. They also learned about the Principal of Liberty of Conscience and took a quiz.
- Completed Lessons 11-14 in the Veritas Press Self Paced Online Old Testament and Ancient Egypt course. They're learning about Cain and Abel.
They all practiced piano regularly, attended their enrichment program, and had a gymnastics class. We weren't able to go to Judo this week.