Monday, September 16, 2013

Slow Start

Goodness, we're getting a slow start this year.  To begin, I didn't have everything planned when we started in August (or was it July?), so we were winging it.  Then it seemed like we had a lot of dentist appointments and ortho consults.  I don't know about y'all, but a simple appointment can throw off the whole day.  Then there was Very Nice Weather and kids who wanted to play with the boys in the cul-de-sac.  Then we had family visit.  Then there was a birthday.  Now this week is a scheduled week off that can't be changed.

Oy!

I'm trying not to panic.  I'll spend this week getting fully prepared.  Because of all our false starts, I've got an idea of how NOT to schedule things, so that's a good thing.  I also know better how to plan the courses I was confused about before (Wheelock's Latin and American Literature for Luke & Ezekiel, to name a couple).

I'm reminding myself that this isn't the first time a slow start has happened or things haven't gone according to plan (in fact, the miracle would be if the opposite happened!).  I'm still learning to be more flexible and less of a perfectionist.  It's a constant fight for me to not let the perfect get in the way of the good.

It's a great time to lean into God and remember that he's my source of strength.  He already knows how our year is going to go, after all, so I've got nothing to worry about!

No comments: