Monday, March 03, 2008

I Did It!

Twice so far.

Did what?

Ran 3.1 miles. That's a 5K. Of course, my time was slow. Some of you could probably walk it faster than I ran it. But the point here is that I ran it. The first time was on Saturday and the second time was this morning.

I still don't think I'm a runner, but I've got to do something so I'll stick with running until I run a real 5K this Spring sometime and then I'll decide if I want to do another.

Now I'm going to work on my time and just work on it getting easier. I'm thinking of starting this training program. It's nice to have something tell me what to do.

4 comments:

Urban Mom said...

Good for you!!! As a longtime runner, let me tell you -- do NOT worry about anyone else's speed. That time out there is for YOU and nobody else. Enjoy it, relish it (ok, some days it's easier to do that than others). Have fun training for the race. You'll be great!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud whoever's kid you are...Mom

andie said...

That's great, C! Congratulations!

Vic said...

Awesome!
I want to do that someday!