Thursday, July 05, 2007

Eye Appointments

J had a blood draw this morning to recheck a level that was low on his last draw. After 3 years of nary a peep when getting his blood drawn, last time he cried. When he woke up this morning and I told him he had to get blood drawn, his face started to squish up. I caught him before he started to really cry and told him that all of his brothers were going and he'd have to show them how brave he was. His face lit up like a Christmas tree and at the lab he sat in my lap, with his audience of brothers, and stoically watched them draw his blood.

We all went for this blood draw because L, Z, & J all had eye appointments. L & Z had appointments this morning, and J's was supposed to be after lunch. When I walked in with a herd of boys, though, they took pity on me (or got scared) and were somehow able to fit J's appointment in the morning as well.

The results are they are all farsighted but L & Z have great focusing abilities so they don't need glasses. I'm supposed to do some eye exercises with Z because he can't draw his eyes in. Basically he can't cross his eyes like he's supposed to...I think that's what the doctor said. M was busy repeating loudly over and over that he had to go potty. L has eye allergies and we've got a prescription for drops. J ended up with glasses, though. He's been complaining of headaches, so hopefully the glasses stop them. He's got almost the exact prescription as I do (it's not strong at all), and I get headaches without my glasses. J was bummed because his glasses won't be in for 2-3 weeks.

We're headed up to the Children's Hospital tomorrow to see J's rheumatologist. I'll post if we learn anything interesting, although I don't expect we will.

No comments: