Monday, December 25, 2006

Do I Know You?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm related to the boys. When I was growing up, my brother & I would wake our parents up early to get Christmas started. It's 8:45 and J, M, & N are still sleeping and L & Z have been up for less than an hour. Z asked when we'd be opening presents, but he's not bouncing off the walls (as I remember doing as a kid). L & Z are content to watch VeggieTales Star of Christmas on PBS. This, coupled with the fact they have all turned down chocolate, fudge, and cookies over the past week really makes me wonder if they all weren't switched at birth.

I, on the other hand, have been up since 4:30. Not by choice, though. M has a horrible cough and woke up trying to rid himself of a lung, so I carried him downstairs, gave him medicine, and once he fell back to sleep on the couch I carried him back to his bed. That was around 5:15, and I couldn't fall back to sleep. So I've exercised, showered, baked sausage pinwheels, baked cheese dollars, and set out all the cookies and treats. The homemade cinnamon rolls are ready to go in the oven as soon as Cr. wants them.

I think I'm going to be ready for a nap right about the time every one else is ready to start Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo C: Its da brother.

1.) My kids went nuts when they got up - after all the grandparents went into their rooms to wake them up at almost 9:00. Sigh. Ingrates :-)

2.) Sausage Pinwheels - you DID learn something good as a child! Proud of you, deeply I am.

3.) We were up till 3AM as parent doing prepatory things. I was SO ready for a nap!

Merry Christmas again!

Woot!