Saturday, October 18, 2014

Becoming a Football Player

Micah:  "I think I'll go to college and get a football degree."
Me:  "Well, they don't really have degrees in football."
Micah:  "Oh.  How do you get into college anyway?"
Me:  "Well, your grades from high school will go on a transcript.  You'll take a test or two--they're called the ACT and SAT.  We'll put the extra things you do in high school on the transcript, and you'll probably write an essay.  Then we'll send it to colleges and they'll decide if you're a good fit for their school."
Micah:  "That sounds like a lot of work.  I think I'll just be an undrafted NFL player."
(short pause)
Micah:  "No, I think I'll be a librarian.  Then I can check out all the books on football."

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Football Librarian sounds like an excellent career choice!