Thursday, January 02, 2014

It's a New Year!

Craig heads back to work today, so it's time to take down the decorations, find homes for the gifts, and figure out our spring semester.

Some of the changes on the horizon:
  • Luke will finish up robotics at the high school.  They have two teams, Junior Varsity and Varsity.  We've decided to only do JV this year.
  • Ezekiel has started team gymnastics (tumbling & trampoline).
  • Luke will start drum lessons.
  • I'm considering a change for grammar.  I love Rod & Staff, but find it works best for us when I'm teaching it.  I'm looking at Get Smart Grammar from English Grammar Revolution because she has diagramming & teaching videos. 
  • I'm also considering going back to Visual Latin & Lingua Latina.  I haven't had the time to teach Wheelock's well.  I think Dwayne is a great teacher, and I'd like the boys to take his online class in the fall.

I'm still figuring out how to balance all of my responsibilities.  A new year is a great time to evaluate old systems and figure out how to run things more efficiently and intentionally. 

Happy 2014!

No comments: