Monday, January 07, 2008

Flashback

I cleaned out my craft closet over Christmas break and found a piece of paper where I'd jotted down a few things said by L & Z when they were 4 & 3.

A bit of background: They were huge Buzz Lightyear fans. Huge. And, Z was clumsy. Very clumsy.

One day he was running and he tripped. He looked up at me with a big grin and said: "I fall with style." (For those of you who haven't seen Toy Story over 1000 times, Buzz Lightyear claims he can fly, and when he attempts the result isn't exactly flying. Woody says "That's not flying. That's falling with style.)

A bit of background: The boys slammed the front door open and the doorknob put a hole in the wall. After a failed repair, we needed to get something from the store so the hole was in the wall for quite awhile. L asked us when we were going to fix it, and we started teasing him telling him that since he and Z did it they should fix it.

L's answer: "Little boys don't fix holes. God will come to my home and fix the hole. That will be fun."

No comments: