Saturday, April 06, 2013

Having It All Together




Something has been bugging me lately, and I'm not sure what to do about it.  I've heard it from various women, in various circumstances, and in various venues.

It seems many are discouraged by blogs because they feel less than adequate when done reading.
They feel like their house isn't clean enough; they aren't schooling their children the correct way; they don't cook the right food for their families; their kids talk back and misbehave.  In other words, their life and family aren't as perfect as what they read about online.

I was surprised when I found out that a couple of  people were under the impression that I have it all together.

Me?!

Uh, no.

My laundry falls behind.  My boys misbehave.  I don't cook gourmet meals.  I haven't made breakfast for my boys since they were old enough to open a granola bar wrapper by themselves.  My house gets dirty.  I yell.  Our school days don't go according to plan more often than they do go according to plan.

In other words, I often feel like I'm going between barely treading water and slightly drowning.

And I know I'm not alone.  Nobody has it all together.

But I keep plugging along, knowing that I'm in a marathon, not a sprint.  I know that Christ is with me, and that his grace and mercy will cover a multitude of sins.  And for that, I am eternally grateful.

No comments: